Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Drum roll please

My new lens is here, and has taken it's rightful place aboard my dinosaur Canon 10D. Don't laugh, it was obsolete before I finished paying for it.

I was so excited I just popped it on there and started shooting the first thing my eyes rested on. Which happened to be our Real Estate contract. I know, I know, not the most creative, but oh, just look at the smoothness of the blur! and the sharpness of the focus!

Next I attempted to photograph my perpetual motion machine, eh hem, my son, which was an exercise in frustration. This is my best shot, and is a pretty good visual description him. Lots of hair. Lots of movement. Yep, that's my boy. Seriously the kid has two speeds, full throttle and zonked out. He has no idle, no neutral. So I moved on to other subjects who, blessedly, were much more compliant models, my dogs.



Yeah, dogs are pretty great models. Especially when they are not in full throttle mode. These guys have always loved being in front of the lens. Don't they look peaceful and serene? Ha!

Well, there you have it. Verdict on the new lens so far: love it. I didn't have too much time to play, as we had our perspective buyer coming by the house this evening, so play time was cut short in favor of making the house presentable. Tomorrow will hold more photography time, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment